CASE Forensics has years of experience investigating wildland and urban interface fires, from duff to trees, shrubs, grass and dense forests. Our investigations range in scale from a single acre to thousands of acres. Our team of experts can isolate an area of origin based on fire damage indicators, and determine casual factors based on remaining evidence.
Engineers and investigators are trained in specialized wildland fire origin and cause investigation. Our expertise is supplemented by our staff’s background in forestry, land management, vegetation management, right of way management, electrical ignition, power lines, transmission lines, overhead power lines, ignition sources, hot particle analysis, fire protection plans, weather analysis and wildland fire fighting techniques.
Our wildland fire investigation services include:
Education and Training
- FI-210: Wildland Fire Origin & Cause Determination
- CFEI, CFI, CVFI, HAZWOPER, PI, CFM, CBO
- Bachelors of Science in Forest Resource Management – Paul Way
Bachelors of Science in Fire, Arson & Explosion Investigation – Chris Warren
Wildland Fire Litigation Annual Conference
- Assessing the Potential of Hot Particles to Ignite Wildland Fires 2011
- Hot Particle Ignitions from Arcing as a Wildland Fire Cause 2017
- Power Generation, Transmission and Distribution 2011
- SCADA Systems 2014
- Ignition Sources 2016
- Vegetation Management 2017
- Fire Pattern Indicators 2017